Making An Appeal

An appeal is a request you can make to us when you disagree with any decisions we make about you or the service you receive from us. 

This can include all the decisions we make from when you first come into contact with our services through to when you leave such as: 

  • the support needs and risks which have been identified during your assessment 
  • the priority of your needs 
  • whether we can offer you a service 
  • ending your support or occupancy agreement 
  • exclusion (barring you) from a service. 

How do I make an appeal? 

Let us know you are not happy with our decision or that you do not understand it. A member of staff will go through the reasons for the decision and explain anything you are not sure about. 

You can also tell us what you are unhappy about by:

  • Calling us on 01274 370689
  • Speaking to someone in person at a scheme or head office. 
  • Emailing us at
  • Writing a letter to: Horton Housing Association, Chartford House, 54 Little Horton Lane, Bradford, BD5 0BS.

What can I do if I still disagree with the decision? 

You can ask for your appeal to be dealt with formally. You can do this by writing to us, telephoning or speaking directly with a member of staff. The manager of the service will look at the decision to check whether they think the decision is correct. 

They will write to you within 10 working days to let you know: 

  • If they think the decision is wrong and whether we will correct it. 
  • They think the decision is correct and will give you the reasons why. 

What can I do if I still disagree with the outcome of the formal Appeal? 

You can ask for the decision to be reviewed by a senior manager who has not previously been involved. They will check all the details of the appeal and will write to you with an outcome within 10 working days. 

Is this the end of the process? 

We hope to resolve all appeals by going through this process but if you are still not satisfied with the outcome, we will give you the contact details of any advice agencies in your area who may help you if you wish to take this further.

Scroll to Top
Skip to content