If someone is hurting you, please tell someone. You can tell someone at Horton or you can contact one of the organisations listed on this page.

Although we have only listed the phone number and website, most of these organisations have other options available such as online chat, email or text messaging.

More details for example whether the call is free or whether it will be shown on your phone bill can be found on the website.

If you are concerned about someone looking at your internet search history opt for Incognito mode or use a public device for example in your local library. You can also ask your worker to search for you using their device.


If you are in immediate danger please call the police on 999.

You can also contact the police for non-emergencies on 101.


You can ring Samaritans on 116 123 or visit www.samaritans.org

The National Domestic Abuse Helpline:

You can ring the National Domestic Abuse helpline on 0808 2000 247 or visit Home | Refuge National Domestic Abuse Helpline (nationaldahelpline.org.uk)

Rape Crisis:

You can ring Rape Crisis on 0808 500 2222 or visit Rape Crisis England & Wales


If you are under 18, you can ring Childline on 0800 1111 or visit Childline | Childline

Help at Hand

If you are a child in care, a child with a social worker or are working with social services, a child living away from home or a care leaver, you can contact the Children’s Commissioner  ‘Help at Hand’ helpline on 0800 528 0731 or visit Home – Help at Hand (childrenscommissioner.gov.uk)

Victim Support

If you are a victim of crime please call 08 08 16 89 111 or visit Home – Victim Support

Women’s Aid

For domestic abuse issues, visit Home – Women’s Aid (womensaid.org.uk)


Help for men and boys experiencing domestic abuse, call 01823 334244 or visit ManKind Initiative – Supporting Male Victims of Domestic Abuse

National Helpline for LGBT+ Victims and Survivors of Abuse and Violence

If you identify as LGBT+ and would like specialist abuse call 0800 999 5428 or visit Galop – the LGBT+ anti-abuse charity

Respond – for people with learning disabilities, autism or both

If you have learning disabilities, autism or both please ring Respond on 020 7383 0700 or visit www.respond.org.uk

If you want to report abuse by someone who works for Horton Housing

If you have concerns that people in Horton Housing are not treating you well, then please tell their manager.

If you don’t want to talk to their manager, you can call our Head Office number on 01274 370689 or email headoffice@hortonhousing.co.uk

They will take your concern very seriously and start the complaint process. More details about our complaints process can be found here: Making A Complaint – Horton Housing

You can also tell someone outside Horton, for example the Safeguarding Board of your local council:


Report adult abuse | Bradford Council

Safer Bradford – Children


Safeguarding Calderdale – Safeguarding children and adults in Calderdale


Report an adult safeguarding concern – For professionals | Kirklees Council

Concerns about a child | Kirklees Council

North Yorkshire

Safeguarding vulnerable adults | North Yorkshire Council

NYSCP (safeguardingchildren.co.uk)

Scroll to Top
Skip to content