STAY at Home is a community based floating support service for people living in their own homes or in temporary accommodation.
Typically those receiving the service will have a high degree of housing need and will have experienced periods of homelessness or are experiencing unsettled lifestyles.
The service can provide support with:
• Sourcing suitable accommodation
• Setting up and/or maintaining a home
• Being aware of the responsibilities within the tenancy agreement
• Budgeting and paying bills appropriately
• Maximising income
• Managing debt including arrears assistance
• Improving personal safety and welfare
• Accessing local health services and managing physical and mental health issues
• Addressing and reducing harm in connection with drugs and alcohol
• Making links with the community and cultural services
• Encouraging client involvement in the development and operation of the service
• Helping clients to access education, training, volunteering and employment opportunities
• Ensuring a smooth transition to independent living.
The preventative nature of the service focuses on enabling and assisting people to keep their accommodation, where appropriate and live independently in their communities.
To achieve this, the service will promote “Tenancy Ready Standards” to ensure people develop the necessary skills to manage and maintain their accommodation and provide evidence to any prospective landlord that these standards have been achieved
To access this service, applicants will have to be assessed as eligible by Bradford Council’s Housing Options Service Single Point of Access (Gateway) – contact details are given below.
To be considered for the service, an applicant does not have to have a recognised diagnosis in terms of mental health or specific disability. The focus of the service is on the most vulnerable individuals with the highest level of need.
To make a referral please contact Housing Options directly on 01274 435999 or complete the attached Housing Related Support Referral Form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org