accessibility help
Change style
default | high visibility
Change text size  A A
Service Details
The Cafés run regularly in various locations throughout the Selby District and Craven District of North Yorkshire. We also run pop-up cafe events in more rural areas.

Opening Times: The Cafés run regularly - contact us for details of times and venue

Visiting Times: The Cafés run regularly - contact us for details of times and venue

Telephone: 07525 667905 or Craven 07584015792
Manager: Hannah Brown, Community Development Workers Paul Halmshaw and Helen Bannister (Craven)
Office Base
Room 6 Community House
Portholme Road



A series of community cafe hubs, throughout the Craven and Selby Districts of North Yorkshire, aimed at vulnerable adults who may be experiencing or at risk of social isolation.  The cafes offer a range of day-time activities based around the needs identified in the community, such as independent living skills, educational opportunities, debt management and healthy cooking. This project is currently funded by North Yorkshire County Council's Transition Fund.  We offer a varied programme of activities which changes monthly.  Look out for pop-up Community Cafe events in more rural areas too.  


  • To deliver the project flexibly based on ongoing consultation and evaluation with stakeholders and the target communities.
  • To reduce social isolation, and improve mental health and well-being.
  • To enable and empower individuals to participate in their local community, and promote social integration.
  • To support and facilitate access to employment, training, education and volunteering.
  • To promote long-term independence and reduce reliance on intensive statutory services.
  • To deliver open access services in a friendly, non-judgemental atmosphere, enabling clients to reach their full potential.
  • To recruit and train volunteers, equipping and enabling them to lead the project.



Referral Route:

The service is open access so at the times of the Community Cafes, anyone over 18 who is need of the support and services available can self refer. You can also be referred by a representative, such as a Social Worker or other Key Worker, or Carer. Clients will be asked to complete an informal needs & risk assessment when the first access the service, to identify outcomes they want to achieve and activities they would like to access.

Support Type: Daytime Cover
More Images
Search Horton
Help viewing files