GaTEWAY Site Management is staffed by three workers. This includes a Site Manager, and a Site Maintenance Worker who are available Monday- Friday 9am-5pm, and a Site Assistant who is available Monday- Friday 9am-3pm
GSM provide a repairs and maintenance service and is also available to provide help and support with Housing Benefit claims and personal charges payments.
Our aims are:
(1) To provide a fair, transparent and accountable method of allocating pitches to the Gypsy and Traveller Sites in North Yorkshire where North Yorkshire County Council has partnership agreements with GaTEWAY.
(2) To provide good quality living accommodation and a friendly, accessible and inclusive atmosphere;
(3) To provide a range of support to those in need.
(4) To ensure access to a range of appropriate external services able to offer improved opportunities and life-chances to occupants and their family.
(5) To receive applications for vacant pitches that gives priority to those in most accommodation need;
(6) To provide occupants with a safe, secure and supportive environment in which to live;
(7) To support occupants to access other services such as health care; and
(8) To assist in the maintenance of a cohesive and sustainable site community as part of a wider neighbourhood.
Each pitch has its own service block (shed), which includes a kitchen area and bathroom/utility room. Each site has a communal garden area and drop-in facility for small meetings or one-to-one sessions. The sites provide accommodation for between 12 and16 families, depending on which site. Most pitches are big enough for two caravans and one or two vehicles
Please note- the process for access to this service is via application rather than referral.