NewStart provides prevention and support services across Calderdale for people aged 16 and over, who are ex-offenders or at risk of offending. The service supports clients to secure and sustain accommodation and provides ongoing support to enable them to resettle effectively and reduce the likelihood of reoffending.
Our services include:
- Floating Support – personalised, flexible one-to-one support provided in the person’s own home or at a venue of their choice.
- Accommodation – 6 units of dispersed emergency/ short-term accommodation across Calderdale. This allows for rapid assessment upon release from prison and prevents sofa surfing and disengagement from services.
- Bond Guarantee Scheme – facilitating access to the private sector to those who may have difficulty accessing social housing.
- Volunteering & Peer Mentoring Support – opportunities to access volunteering and peer mentoring support to increase positive outcomes and engagement.
- Drop-Ins – providing advice, guidance and support at our drop-in in central Halifax and other venues.
Contact us in writing or in person at: NewStart – Calderdale, 2nd Floor 85 Northgate, Halifax, HX1 1XF
Telephone: 01422 357167
NewStart – Calderdale, 2nd Floor 85 Northgate, Halifax, HX1 1XF